Gates Carbon Drive
- Terms & Conditions of the website for more information about the terms governing Gates Corporation’s websites
1. What are cookies?
2. What cookies does Gates Corporation use and for which purposes?
Gates Corporation uses both first and third party cookies. Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time, in this case cookies placed by Gates Corporation and its websites. A third party cookie is set by another entity or domain than the website being visited.
Gates Corporation may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies allow a website operator to link your actions only during a browser session, when you open the Internet browser window until you close the browser window. These cookies are temporarily and they are deleted when you close the browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. Below the storage period for the cookies we use, will be specified.
- Remember your user name and password for future visits so that log-in is easier and faster;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Measure how many people use the Site, and how they use it, so that we may keep it running quickly and efficiently
For these purposes Gates Corporation may use the following categories of cookies on its websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies which are used for the sole purpose of (i) carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or (ii) to allow the provider of an information society service to provide such service as explicitly requested by you.
- Performance (analytic) cookies which collect information about how visitors use the websites, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. These types of cookies are only used to improve how the websites work.
- Functionality cookies which allow the websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features, to improve your web experience.
- Advertising (targeting) cookies which are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as they help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission.
- Social media cookies which are used based on social connect functionalities or when you make use of a social media add on button, e.g. clicking on the 'Like' icon on a webpage. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our websites.
GATES CORPORATION places itself the following cookies on its websites:
|FIRST PARTY COOKIES|
|Cookie category||Duration||Cookie name||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary||Session||ASP.NET_SessionId||Preserves the visitor's session state across page requests|
|Functionality||6 days||displayedComplianceCookie||Used to display cookie compliance banner|
|Functionality||Session||cds#lang||Remembers a visitor's language selection for warranty page|
The third party cookies used on GATES CORPORATION’s websites are enumerated below. GATES CORPORATION uses these cookies for the stated purposes. However GATES CORPORATION is not responsible for the processing of data from you by this third party for its own purposes. For more information about the processing by these third parties for their own purposes, see the respective policies of these third parties.
|THIRD PARTY COOKIES|
|Cookie category||Name of third party||Duration||Cookie name||Purpose|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||2 years||_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||Session||_gat||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||Session||_gid||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||Session||collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||2 years||__utma||Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||Session||__utmc||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||6 months||__utmz||Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||Session||__utmt||Used to throttle the speed of requests to servers.|
|Performance (analytic)||Google Analytics||Session||__utmb||Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website.|
|Functionality||EasyLink® Technology||1 year||MP_LANG||This cookie is set by EasyLink® technology. Remembers a visitor's language selection and serves website content in selected language for current and future visits.|
|Functionality||Disqus||1 year||disqus_unique||This cookie is set by Disqus commenting software. See what and how their cookies are used.|
3. What (personal) data is collected through cookies?
GATES CORPORATION registers the following (personal) data upon your visit of our websites:
- your operating system, or device,
- the external website referring you to this website,
- the pages you visited on this website,
- date and time of each page you visited.
4. Your choice in cookies
You can change your cookies settings in your Internet browsers. These settings can be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
You can find more information about cookies and similar tags/files at the following addresses:
- http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ (a guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy, produced by the internet advertising industry).
6. Contact details
GATES CORPORATION is responsible for your personal data processed through these cookies and other automated means. You can contact us:
Data Privacy Manager
Gates Europe BVBA
Korte Keppestraat 21 / 51
Erembodegem (Aalst), 9320